Monday - Friday • 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. [EST] • 330-239-8238
Our PTSD Dog Embroidered Service Dog Patch is constructed from heavy fabric and is extremely durable. This custom embroidered service dog patch features the words "PTSD Service Dog" on it in bright white letters with a black background. Our custom made vest patch has finished edges which are bound in black thread to match the body of the patch.
This PTSD Service Dog vest patch measures 2” x 4” and can be sewn on or you can also use a Gorilla glue to apply.
This patch can be sewn onto MOST of our vests.... there are a few exceptions.
PTSD service dogs are trained to perform very specialized skills. These service dogs must possess an awareness, and be sensitive and have a perceptive nature, a compliant temperament and be very intuitive to it’s handler in order to perform their duties independently when the individual is facing a crisis. These wonderful service dogs are trained to recognize and interrupt the behaviors associated with anxiety, panic attacks and nightmares. Each dog is trained to a standard that is customized to the individual needs of each handler. These service dogs and their partners learn to work together as a team to increase physical, emotional and social self-sufficiency. These PTSD service dogs are trained to perform many services some of which are:
• Alleviate anxiety and or distress and provide emotional support by nudging, pawing, and leaning.
• Assist a person by waking them from night terrors and nightmares.
• Distract a person from a distracting event that may result in a panic attack or other specific behaviors by nudging, pawing, and licking.
• Bring medication to a person on command or when alerted to do so by a timer or an alarm.
• Stand in front of or circle it’s handler in crowded areas in order to create personal space in a non-aggressive manner.
• Lead an individual safely or to a building exit when experiencing an anxiety or panic attack.
• Get help by alerting another person or activate an emergency button or alert system.
** Remember It is illegal to represent your dog as a Service Dog if your dog is not a Service Dog.
Posted by Bernard the sarcastic on 3rd Nov 2014
The product appears to be a thread embroidery onto some sort of materiel which has a backing making it attractive to the materiel on the side of the service vest. Very efficient and lets others who can read understand the information embroidered on the label.
Visit us around the web!